House of Nyx
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to come and chat about the House of Night Series. Have fun and meet new people.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A Vampyre Legacy

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
WaywardWiccan
Admin
WaywardWiccan

A Vampyre Legacy Empty
PostSubject: A Vampyre Legacy   A Vampyre Legacy I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 12:29 am

Chapter 1 - Birthday Surprise

She awoke to the sun shining brightly through her curtains. She rolled over in disgust. Another year come and gone. She tried to go back to sleep but she couldn’t. With a groan she rolled out of bed and headed to the bathroom.

The person staring back at her didn’t look any different now than she had over the past three years. Shoulder length, straight black hair with natural purple streaks (which most thought was her way of trying to rebel), baby blue eyes, and a smooth pale complexion. With a sigh, she ran her hand through her hair and turned to go downstairs.

Halfway down, the doorbell rang, and she ran the rest of the way.

“Coming!”

She opened the door and a short woman with graying hair smiled at her.

“Merry Meet, my daughter.”

“Merry Meet, mother,” she said before giving her a big hug.

She invited her inside, and after grabbing a soda for herself, she plopped down on the couch.

“Happy Birthday, Isadora,” the woman stated with a smile as she handed over a box wrapped in purple paper.

“Aw, mom, you really didn’t have to do this,” Isadora said as she took box and set down her drink.

She undid the black ribbon and opened the box. Inside was a large black leather bound book. Engraved on the front in silver were the words Isadora Cromwell.

“Oh, mom, it’s beautiful!” She said as she took it out carefully. She opened the book and ran her hand across the beautifully hand-made ivory paper. It took her a second to realize that her mom had written something on the inside cover.

My dear Isadora,

Today is your twenty-fifth year on this Earth. Every day, I thank the Goddess Donna for giving you to me. I give you today this book. Your very own Book of Shadows. Protect it and it will protect you.

Love,
Your mother
Silver Cromwell

With a tear in her eye, she hugged her mom tightly.

“Mom, it’s perfect. Thank you.”

“Yes, it is quite beautiful, Silver.”

Jumping up from her seated position, Isadora glared at the man who had suddenly appeared in her living room.

“Who the hell are you?” Isadora growled.

He raised a black eyebrow at her before turning to her mom.

“Silver, why didn’t you tell her?” he asked her, in an accent she couldn’t quite place. Egyptian? Not likely. English? Maybe.

“I didn’t want this for her, Giles. Why are you here?”

“I believe I have a right to see my daughter on her birthday.”

Daughter? Isadora thought before she fell back onto the couch as her jaw dropped.

“Damnit, Giles! I never wanted her to know!” Silver yelled. Her face becoming flushed.

“She has a right to know what’s coursing through her veins, my dear Silver.” This guy must have had balls of steel to stand up to her mother when she was this angry.

Finally finding her voice, Isadora stood once again. “Who are you? And don’t lie to me.”

“I am Giles. Former lover of Silver Cromwell and father of Isadora Cromwell. Is there anything else? Hmm let me think. What was it? Oh yes. I’m a Vampyre.”

“Vampyre? There’s no such thing. Yeah, okay maybe you had a relationship with my mother, but you are NOT my father,” she ended with a yell.

“Look at me, and know the truth,” he said as he took a step forward and let his hands, that had previously been crossed across his chest, fall to his sides.

His eyes were brown. No resemblance there. Roughly 6 foot tall. Ok that could be a coincidence. Hair…

“Is your hair natural?” she asked with a hopeful look.

“Oh, the purple? Yes, it is quite natural.”

Her face fell. “You…you really are… my father?”

She turned to face her mom. Silver was sitting on the couch with her head in her hands.

Isadora sat back down and tried to collect her thoughts.

“Silver, you must listen to me,” Giles said as he sat on the coffee table in front of her.

They both looked up at him, and Silver cleared her throat before asking what.

“Kalabar is back.”

Silver’s face fell, and a look of worry, anger, and disgust crossed her face.

“Who’s Kalabar?” Isadora asked after a few minutes of tense silence.

“Kalabar is an ancient Vampyre,” Giles stated matter-of-factly.

“Ok?”

Her mom turned to her with a somber look.

“He’s a murderer,” Giles stated again.

“Ok? And what does this have to do with my mother?”

Silver turned away once again. She sighed and stated, “He wants to kill me.”
Back to top Go down
https://houseofnyx.rpg-board.net
Shika

Shika

A Vampyre Legacy Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Vampyre Legacy   A Vampyre Legacy I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 11:37 pm

Wonderful beginning. I absolutely love it! Did you take from the Charmed series to write this? It seems like it, and it really enhances the story. Awesome job, and I can't wait to read more!

Blessed Be,
Shika
Back to top Go down
WaywardWiccan
Admin
WaywardWiccan

A Vampyre Legacy Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Vampyre Legacy   A Vampyre Legacy I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 3:13 am

Actually I took the idea/basis for the story and other certain points that I've already thought of to add to later chapters came from a selection of my favorite books about Vampyres. i.e. Black Dagger Brotherhood, House of Night, Night Huntress, and a few others and some I just made up on the spot. The wiccan ways though I have fashioned after my own beliefs. Why not draw some inspiration from real life? lol
Back to top Go down
https://houseofnyx.rpg-board.net
Sponsored content

A Vampyre Legacy Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Vampyre Legacy   A Vampyre Legacy I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Vampyre Legacy
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
House of Nyx :: Classes - Literature & Art :: Stories-
Jump to: